Social media is quite possibly the easiest route to new customers. Millions of people use social media everyday to connect with and search for individuals and businesses. While creating an online presence for your business is unarguably one of the most important things you can do, creating a memorable one is even better. Here are three examples of companies who are doing their social media right:
Now that we’ve looked at three companies who are doing it right, let’s take a play from their book and see how your business can develop great social media habits. Three key rules all of these brands have are the following:
Your business’ branding is its face to world. Having a consistent brand will enable people to easily recognize you. Try keeping the same style of images, a few key fonts, and your color palette the same throughout all your posts (and website, packaging, etc). Just for fun, try coming up with a hashtag that only your business and customers are using.
Interacting with your customers via social media makes your business personal, and will encourage people to come back to your social profiles more often. They may tell their friends or their friends will see that your business has interacted with them, encouraging more people to take a look your business’ social profiles. Interacting with your customers will show that you care about them and establishes credibility. But don’t just reply to the positive or neutral, reply to the negative too (with discretion, of course). Resolving negative issues publicly instead of just deleting the comment or blocking the user helps you establish credibility also.
The 80/20 Rule
The 80/20 rule is the division between sharing information and sales. 80% of the time information that is beneficial to the customer should be shared, and remaining 20% should be promoting sales. To be honest, people do not want to see your sales pitch in their newsfeed several times a day. Share information that is relevant to your business, but is beneficial to your customer. See more about the 80/20 rule here.
Don’t have the time to run your own social media accounts or need help just doing it? Contact us to see how we can help.