Visual aids help us learn, retain information and grab our attention. Do you want to educate your audience about your products and services? Would you like them to retain that information and act on it? Then you need to start investing in visual content as a solid part of your marketing strategy. Check out these stats on the impact of visual content marketing…
1) “When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.” (Source)
This is so important in marketing because it creates a top of mind awareness of your brand. They may not need you today or tomorrow, but when they need something from your industry, they are more likely to remember you because you provided information that they could easily recall.
2) “Cisco projects that global internet traffic from videos will make up 80% of all internet traffic by 2019.” (Source)
3) “4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.” (Source)
Video is simply the most effective and attractive medium to obtain information or entertainment. Video allows consumers to get the information they need in a way that is faster and easier to retain. Today’s technologies make videos easier and cheaper to produce. Combined with the rising popularity of outsourced marketing, this allows business owners to offer their audience video at a very reasonable price with little turn around time.
4) “Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content.” (Source)
Infographics are the ideal way to explain complex ideas or present sets of data in an easy to digest manner. They can also just be for fun! Check out this infographic our very own Katie Breight made for the KE team, reflecting what a month at KE looks like…
Again, this is a project you can easily and cost-effectively outsource, or you can use free online tools to create your own. Here are some free infographic templates from our friends at Hubspot, or you can plug and play in Canva. Once you have your infographic, use it in a newsletter, all of your social outlets, create a blog around it, and be sure to add it to your site.
5) “Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images.” (Source)
6) “Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images.” (Source)
As a rule of thumb with the KE team, NOTHING gets shared without an accompanying image. This could be the thumbnail produced by a link, a custom image, or something fun like a GIF. Don’t waste your time by creating great content that no one feels compelled to click or read. Instead, make it your 2017 marketing goal to be more creative with your imagery. Not sure how to get started? Give us a call. The KE team is here to answer any questions you may have, and point you to resources to help you along the way.