Omaha Gives is coming up soon (May 22!), so we think it’s about time we talked about your giving day marketing strategy. Giving days are a wonderful way for non-profit organizations to connect with the community. However, to maximize the benefits, you need to have a giving day marketing strategy in place.
Not sure how to come up with one? Keep reading!
Decide on your goals
Before you can begin your giving day marketing strategy, you need to have a specific goal in mind. Doing so will make the following steps MUCH easier. We’ve provided two common goals below.
- If you’re looking to raise money, set a reasonable goal amount.
- If your goal is to engage with donors, decide whether you’re looking to connect with existing donors or recruit new ones.
Choose your tools
Now that you have a goal in mind, think about what tools can help you achieve those goals. We’ve listed four common tools below along with their benefits.
- Social media – Social media is a great tool to help you reach your goals because the majority of US adults are on at least one of the major platforms and a lot of them log in multiple times a day.
- Video – Videos are a compelling way to connect with people and really let them get to know the people and story behind your non-profit.
- Email – Email marketing is the perfect way to keep current donors informed about the giving day. Email receives bonus points because you can easily keep track of which donors are opening your emails and clicking the link to your giving day page.
- Branded print assets – Branded print assets like flyers, brochures, and thank you cards are memorable ways to communicate with existing and potential donors.
- Website – Update your website home page with a message about your giving day goals.
Create a plan
You have a goal. You have the tools. Now all you need is a plan. We recommend beginning planning 2-3 months before the giving day. This should give you plenty of time to create and implement a solid plan. When planning, don’t forget to do the following things.
- Do your research on your giving day platform. Take advantage of all the free tools provided.
- Decide on a campaign theme or messaging tone.
- Remember your goal.
- Create your content and posting schedule well in advance.
Read through all of this and are still stuck? Don’t worry – we can help even more! Check out our giving day marketing packages at kelovesnp.com.